The Spring 2023 State In-Service Training Program Course registration is now open to support your professional growth and development.
This program provides high-quality, diverse training opportunities to all Connecticut state employees through the Connecticut Community College System. Our UConn Health workforce has access to over 100 instructor-led in-person and online courses. Opportunities include:
- enhancing your essential business skills,
- developing your leadership skills,
- advancing your technological abilities, and
- upskilling your trade skills
Please read all the the following information prior to requesting a seat.
1. Review Program Terms and Conditions
- The deadline to submit a seat request with payment is Tuesday, February 14.
- UConn Health Human Resources does not administer the State In-Service program. We facilitate registration and collection of fees on behalf of The Connecticut State Colleges and Universities and the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education.
- Check your schedules carefully for potential conflicts and obtain prior approval from your manager/supervisor.
- Discuss how you plan to pay for the course.
- Seat reservations are only made with payment. For those paying with a transfer voucher, use the FOPAL provided in the email sent to you once you submit your online request form. If paying by personal check, make it out to UConn Health and drop it off at Human Resources, c/o Etta Henderson, located on the 5th floor of 16 Munson Rd. Hours: Weekdays 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- UConn Health cannot guarantee a seat in any class and cannot provide refunds for courses in which a participant registers and does not attend a course session/s.
- If you cannot attend the course in which you are registered due to illness, work-related reasons, or other unforeseen circumstances, another employee from your department may be sent to the course in your place. This is the only available remedy for absence from a class.
2. Review The State of Connecticut In-Service Training Catalog
- Review the Spring 2023 State In-Service Training Catalog to identify courses relevant to your position.
- Choose a course that best fits your professional or job skill development needs.
- Seek support and/or approval from your supervisor before registering for a course.
3. Register for a Course
- Register for a course using the Online Registration Form.
- When you submit the form, you will receive an email copy of your form along with additional information.
- Remember, Seat reservations are not made without payment. See terms and conditions above.
- Human Resources will email course confirmation notices to applicants by Friday, February 24th.
- Complete any additional community college registrations upon receipt of course confirmation.
- If you have not received a course confirmation notice from Human Resources by Friday, February 24th, please contact Etta Henderson at email@example.com
4. Prepare for Attending the Course
- For Online Courses: Ensure you receive course log-in information from the instructor at least 24 hours before the start of the course. Contact the instructor directly if you still need to receive the course log-in information.
- For On-Campus Courses: Ensure you receive course information from the instructor at least 24 hours before the start of the course. Contact the instructor directly to ensure the course has not been canceled. contact the community college directly if you are still trying to reach the instructor.
- In the Case of Inclement Weather: Contact the instructor directly to ensure the course has not been canceled. contact the community college directly for information if you cannot reach the instructor.
- Community College Maps and Directions
State of Connecticut In-Service Training Program Contacts
Program Coordinator: Cheryl Connor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-723-0037
UConn Human Resources: Etta Henderson, email@example.com
|Asnuntuck (AS)||Gary Carrafirstname.lastname@example.org||(860) 253-3128|
|Capital (CA)||Odile Diloneemail@example.com||(860) 906-5141|
|Gateway (CA)||Pamela Walshfirstname.lastname@example.org||(203) 285-2142|
|Manchester (MA)||Jennifer Milavskyemail@example.com||(860) 512-2816|
|Naugatuck (NV)||Cynthia Tolinfirstname.lastname@example.org||(203) 596-8743|
|Northwestern (NW)||Gary Carraemail@example.com||(860) 253-3128|
|Tunxis (TX)||Gary Carrafirstname.lastname@example.org||(860) 253-3128|