In addition to the in-house programs offered through the Department of Human Resources, UConn Health participates in educational opportunities offered through a partnership between the State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services and Connecticut’s Community College System. Human Resources serves as a liaison for registration and collection of payment for UConn Health employees who wish to participate in this program.
- 2017 Fall State of Connecticut In-Service Training registration is currently open. UConn Health registration deadline is August 4.
Requesting a Seat for an In-Service Training Course
- Release time is based on business unit needs. Prior to requesting a seat, discuss with your supervisor how your time will be accounted.
- Submit your Seat Request to Human Resources. Your supervisor will receive an automated email asking him/her to review and approve the request.
- Human Resources submits seat request to the program after supervisor approval and seat request payment is received.
- Seat Request Payment can be made by a personal check or transfer voucher.
- Personal checks should be made payable to UConn Health. Checks can be delivered in person or mailed interoffice to Human Resources, Organizational and Staff Development Unit, MC 4035.
- Transfer Vouchers can be sent via email or interoffice mail to Human Resources, Organizational and Staff Development Unit, MC 4035.
- If you are seeking Union reimbursement, applications must be completed and submitted to the HR Benefits Unit.
- If the program cancels a course due to low enrollment, Human Resources will initiate a refund process.
- Once your seat has been reserved, cancellations and course substitutions are not permitted. There are no refunds for reserved seats.
- Alternates: If for any reason you are not able to attend, an alternate may attend in your place. It is your responsibility to identify and select the alternate.
- Alternates must obtain approval from their immediate supervisor.