The Employee/Labor Relations Unit supports UConn Health’s goal to be the employer of “first choice” in our region. To this end, the Employee/Labor Relations Unit is committed to serving UConn Health’s staff and management in the areas of:
- Negotiating and administering fair collective bargaining agreements with nine separate employee bargaining units.
- Administering the progressive discipline and grievance/arbitration processes.
- Investigating potential violations of collective bargaining agreements, agency policies or rules.
- Holding Labor-Management meetings.
- Providing interpretation and application of University policies and collective bargaining contracts.
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of personnel policies.
- Providing guidance to managers and supervisors with employee related situations such as attendance, tardiness, poor performance, discipline, substance abuse, reorganization, or layoff.
- Training managers and supervisors in their responsibilities under the collective bargaining agreements.
If you have any questions, call 860-679-8067.