Incoming Internationals

Two researchers side by side with a microscope

Common Visa Categories at UConn Health

F-1 Students enrolled in a degree program (undergraduate and graduate).

Postgraduate and postdoctorate fellows or associates, visiting fellows, research affiliates, and others.

Short-term visitors: visits that are more than nine days and less than six months.

H-1B Temporary hire for academic staff appointment such as professor, associate professor.
O-1 Temporary hire for academic staff appointment who can demonstrate exceptional ability in their field.
TN Citizens of Canada and Mexico to work temporarily in the United States.
B-1, B-2 Short-term visitor (less than nine days) receiving honorarium and/or reimbursement of expenses.
F-2, J-2 Spouses and dependents of F-1 and J-1 exchange visitors.