Sampling & Testing
Please note that our Emergency Department does NOT perform COVID screening tests.
We are now offering COVID-19 tests to patients exclusively through their primary care office. Please contact your primary care provider (PCP) for these services.
If you do not have a UConn Health PCP and would like to establish care, please call 1-84-GET-UCONN. Patients are no longer able to self-schedule COVID-19 testing through MyChart. We will still have COVID-19 testing available for patients in our clinics as needed.
If you need a COVID-19 test, please consider one of the following:
- Visit the CDC website to search for COVID-19 testing locations.
- More testing options can be found at Community-Based Testing Sites for COVID-19.
- Purchase a self-test kit at your local pharmacy or other retail outlet.
The pharmacy at UConn Health also has home COVID-19 tests available, and they may even be covered by some insurance carriers. Please call 860-679-4036 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for more information.
COVID-19 Sampling Site
As of April 17, 2023, UConn Health offers COVID-19 testing by appointment at our Farmington location, on the first floor of the Outpatient Pavilion. The drive-thru testing site in Garage 1 is closed. Testing is available for both symptomatic and symptom-free individuals. Both children and adults can schedule a test, but minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
This site does not provide COVID-19 PCR testing for traveling. COVID-19 molecular testing is performed using a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) which employs transcription-mediated amplification (TMA). For travel, we encourage you to talk to your airline for their specific requirements.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 7:30 to 9 a.m.
Saturday: 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.
The early window is for patients who are free of symptoms, regardless of known exposure, and for preoperative screening for those who will be admitted.
Monday through Friday: 9:15 to 11:30 a.m.
The late window is for symptomatic patients.
Site hours may be subject to change.
Make an Appointment
The COVID-19 sampling site is located on the first floor of the Outpatient Pavilion.
Note: The testing site is located in the back of the east side of the building. Please follow the signs along the front of the building to access the testing area.
Outpatient Pavilion, 1st Floor
135 Dowling Way
What to Know and What to Bring
- Our health care professionals are outfitted in protective equipment, including a gown, goggles, a mask, and gloves.
- Patient must have a driver’s license or valid identification and their health insurance card if they are insured.
How the Sampling Process Works
- The entire process at our sampling site takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you have an appointment for testing, please enter Garage 1 on Level 1 and follow the signs to dedicated parking spaces for testing.
- Parking is free for first 30 minutes in Garage 1.
- Patients receive instructions, including information about self-isolation.
- A health care professional swabs a nasopharyngeal (deep nose swab) to collect a sample.
- The sample is sent for testing.
Receiving Your Results
All patients should sign up for MyChart if the patient does not already have an account, even if they have an order from their doctor.
- Doctor’s Order: If the patient has a doctor’s order, the results will go back to the doctor who provided the order.
- COVID-19 Call Center at UConn Health: If the order was placed through the COVID-19 Call Center at UConn Health, the patient will be called to confirm the results.
- MyChart Direct Scheduling: The patient will only get a call from the COVID-19 Call Center if the results are positive. The patient will be encouraged to contact their primary care provider for further guidance. Negative results will not receive a call.
In all cases, all patients will be able to obtain their results directly in their MyChart account.
When Will I Receive My Results?
Result times can vary based on volume, but usually within 24-48 hours. Saturday results may take a little longer.
COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Costs
There will be no out-of-pocket expense for the COVID-19 test with most insurance.
Please bring the patient’s identification and health insurance card when you come to the testing site.
If the patient does not have insurance, our financial counselors will work with them. Please call 860-679-4120 to speak with a financial counselor about your situation or contact your insurance carrier directly.
Current pricing structure for COVID-19 diagnostic testing:
|COVID-19 SPEC COLLECTION
|COVID-19 TEST NON-CDC HGH THRUPUT
|COVID-19 W/IN 2 DAY-ADD ON
|SARS-COV-2 COVID-19 ANTIBODY
|SARS-COV-2 COVID-19 AMP PRB
FAQs and Fact Sheets