Sampling & Testing
The drive-through sampling site will be closed Thursday, December 17 due to the impending storm. All appointments on December 17 have been rescheduled.
Drive-Through COVID-19 Sampling Site
UConn Health offers drive-through COVID-19 testing by appointment only at our Farmington location. Testing is available for both symptomatic and symptom-free individuals. Both children and adults can schedule a test, but minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Every person in the vehicle who wants to receive a COVID-19 test must have an appointment scheduled under their own MyChart account.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Site hours may be subject to change.
Make an Appointment
What to Know and What to Bring
- Our health care professionals are outfitted in protective equipment, including a gown, goggles, a mask, and gloves.
- Patient must have a driver’s license or valid identification and their health insurance card if they are insured.
- Patient being tested must be at a window that rolls completely down.
How the Sampling Process Works
- The entire process at our drive through sampling site takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you have an appointment for testing, please follow the signs to enter Garage 1 on the Level 2 entrance ramp.
- You will not have to pay for parking if you are entering for COVID-19 testing only.
- Patients receive instructions, including information about self-isolation.
- A health care professional swabs a nasopharyngeal (deep nose swab) to collect a sample.
- The sample is sent for testing.
Receiving Your Results
All patients should sign up for MyChart if the patient does not already have an account, even if they have an order from their doctor.
- Doctor’s Order: If the patient has a doctor’s order, the results will go back to the doctor who provided the order.
- COVID-19 Call Center at UConn Health: If the order was placed through the COVID-19 Call Center at UConn Health, the patient will be called to confirm the results.
- MyChart Direct Scheduling: The patient will only get a call from the COVID-19 Call Center if the results are positive. The patient will be encouraged to contact their primary care provider for further guidance. Negative results will not receive a call.
In all cases, all patients will be able to obtain their results directly in their MyChart account.
When Will I Receive My Results?
Result times can vary based on volume, but usually within 24-48 hours. Saturday results may take a little longer.
COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Costs
There will be no out-of-pocket expense for the COVID-19 test.
Please bring the patient’s identification and health insurance card when you come to the testing site.
If the patient does not have insurance, our financial counselors will work with them.