What to Do If You're
If you have decided to make a change, be it a new career path or simply a new challenge and are seeking a voluntary resignation, the required procedure for resigning at UConn Health is simple enough:
- Submit a written notification with a minimum notice period of two weeks to your supervisor. View Sample Notification Letter.
- Notify Human Resources of the resignation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources will contact you to offer a confidential exit interview to discuss benefits and last paycheck information. The exit interview does not apply to internal transfers, special payroll, students, re-employed retirees and per diem employees.
- Discuss the status of work assignments with your manager/supervisor and provide him/her with any UConn Health property, access codes and/or software for computers, voicemail, etc.
- Return your UConn Health identification badge, parking hangtag, and any keys you signed out to the Police Department.
- Remove all your personal belongings by your last day of employment.
- Remind the employee that written notification is mandatory once the employee notifies you of their intent to voluntarily resign.
- Provide the employee with written acceptance of the employee's written resignation within two business days.
- Notify Human Resources immediately of an employee's resignation date at email@example.com so as to prevent over payments, comply with federal and state laws and reporting procedures and secure and protect electronic and physical property.
- Forward written resignation and acceptance to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discuss the status of the work assignments with the employee and collect any UConn Health property as well as access codes and/or software for computers, voicemail, etc.
- Review the accuracy of the employee's final time card.
- Ensure that all outstanding time and attendance reporting issues are resolved.
- For faculty, ensure that an authorized faculty leave record is submitted to Payroll before the last day of employment.
- Review the appropriateness of position refill with your Employment Services Officer.