UConn Health wishes to extend you a warm welcome to our organization.
Get a jump-start on your UConn Health career by learning about what your new workplace has to offer you. New Employee Orientation introduces you to the multifaceted aspects of UConn Health. You will be given an overview of the organization that includes its dynamic history, current and future endeavors, and an insight into where you, as a new UConn Health community member, will fit into the beautiful mosaic that makes up the UConn Health workforce.
The orientation program begins at 8 a.m. in the HR Training Room at Munson Road unless noted. Coffee service will be provided.
November 13, 2017 - Monday
November 27, 2017 - Monday
December 8, 2017
December 22, 2017
January 5, 2018
January 19, 2018
February 2, 2018
February 16, 2018
March 2, 2018
March 16, 2018
April 2, 2018 - Monday
April 13, 2018
April 27, 2018
May 11, 2018
May 25, 2018
|June 8, 2018
June 22, 2018
July 6, 2018
July 20, 2018
August 3, 2018
August 17, 2018
August 31, 2018
September 14, 2018
September 28, 2018
October 12, 2018
October 26, 2018
November 9, 2018
November 26, 2018 - Monday
December 7, 2018
December 21, 2018
January 4, 2019
Onboarding for Non-UConn Health Employees
To provide consistent guidance on pre-employment screening and onboarding requirements for individuals not paid by UConn Health who work within our facilities as contracted by a temporary staffing agency, third party entity or an independent consultant. The manager of the department retaining the non-employee is responsible for identifying the worker's role within the unique environment and ensuring that the following minimum requirements are applied.
1. Contracting and Procurement. Department manager or designee confirms that a valid contract is in place with the agency providing the contract worker (the supplier).
- To verify or obtain a contract, manager or designee consults with the Procurement Department.
- To pay for contracted services, the hiring department enters a Purchase Requisition and generates a Purchase Order through the HuskyBuy eProcurement platform.
2. Candidate Selection and Verification. Department manager works with the supplier to identify, interview and select an appropriate candidate.
- The manager is required to verify with Human Resources that the candidate meets all requirements for the intended scope of work, including licensure, certification or registration required by policy, law or regulation.
3. Orientation and Training. Prior to the start of any work activities, the worker must complete all orientation and training requirements.
- The hiring department is required to notify Employment Services of the selected candidate.
- The designated Human Resources Officer will schedule the worker to attend New Employee Orientation.
4. Background Check. A current background check is required of any person permitted to work on UConn Health premises. There is a $75 fee for this service, typically paid by the supplier.
- The department provides the Background Information Sheet to the supplier or the worker.
- The form must contain the host department, manager’s name, and contact information.
- The completed form is submitted, with payment, to UConn Health Police Administration (Room LG041, MC 3925). Checks are made payable to UConn Health, issued by the supplier.
5. Health Screening. The worker cannot begin any activities until health screening requirements have been verified by Employee Health Services.
- If the position requires a pre-placement exam, the manager or designee schedules an appointment with Employee Health Services.
- If the supplier or worker has submitted proof of current health requirements and vaccinations, documentation must be reviewed and verified by Employee Health Services.
Self-Learning Orientation for Non-UConn Health Employees
Non-employees who will work at UConn Health and have been assigned a self-learning orientation by Human Resources must complete and sign-off on self-learning orientation packet.
UConn Health requires all employees, students, and non-employees to wear a UConn Health identification badge visibly at all times.
- Identification badges are issued after background check clearance and onboarding requirements are complete.
- Identification badges are issued biweekly to New Employee Orientation attendees.