We are proud of our program and offer you a list of key features and unique areas of training that we think will interest you!
Make sure to check out our Instagram @uconn_familymed for updates, additional information, and direct communication with our residents!
- Family Medicine Core Curriculum held every Wednesday morning.
- Monthly Grand Rounds with premier speakers.
- Model Longitudinal Psychosocial Curriculum with Balint sessions during second year.
- Career leadership curriculum.
- Ample amount of electives with opportunities in academic centers, several hospitals and community partners.
- Resident Support Groups by class.
- Wellness initiatives throughout the year.
- Supportive environment.
- Health systems management curriculum with individualized office performance reports.
- Faculty that lead and teach major courses at the medical school.
- Faculty involved in the community and outreach programs.
- Faculty that practice full scope inpatient and outpatient, 6 that also do obstetrics.
- All the assets of an academic administration (UConn Health) based in a large community hospital (Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center) in Hartford, CT.
- Family Medicine Center located directly across the street from our admitting hospital.
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center named a Top 100 Hospital numerous times.
- Interdisciplinary collaborative care: onsite behavioral health department and Pharmacist Ph.D. all of whom see patients and teach with our faculty and residents.
- Home computer access to patient records and libraries.
- Active participation in curriculum development and leadership in the residency, hospital and local organizations.
- Immersion and outreach work at Puerto Rico during community medicine month.
- Outstanding Sports Medicine Fellowship: integration of fellows and residents at FMC.
- Integration of an osteopathic longitudinal educational experience for our D.O. residents.
- Our location across the street from a major teaching hospital allows the opportunity to participate in the didactic programs offered by other departments.
- Our strong bond with the medical school allows opportunities to rotate and participate in academic opportunities at UConn Health.
- Our partnership with community organizations offer numerous opportunities to volunteer and be at the community:
- Fitness Center available on hospital campus.
- Center for Integrative Medicine for low price service to enhance wellness (medication, massage therapy, Reiki, acupuncture, mindfulness therapy).
- Many nearby cultural activities and exciting and beautiful outdoor recreational activities: New England rocks! Come check it out.
- Many practice-wide social events and celebrations: staff, faculty and residents enjoying life together.