The UConn Family Medicine Residency program will conduct all residency interviews virtually this season. This is undertaken in order to reduce health risks associated with travel and in person interviewing and promote an equitable process for all applicants.
The Family Medicine Residency program accepts applications only through ERAS.
Applications are reviewed in September and October.
Applicants eligible for an interview are scheduled in November through February, with interviews held several days a week each month.
Deadline for applying to the Family Medicine Residency program is October 15.
Our program interviews students who have demonstrated an outstanding academic record and a commitment to Family Medicine.
We do a holistic evaluation of our applications, we won’t send invitations until we review all applications. For this reason, invitations will be sent by November 1.
Specific eligibility criteria include:
- ERAS application including CAF and CV with no unexplained gaps of time
- Three letters of recommendation, one from a family physician
- Personal statement
- Passing scores are preferred on the first attempt of USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 (CS and CK)
- Dean’s Letter and Medical School transcript
- U.S. Clinical experience is preferred for anyone out of medical school for more than one year
- Graduation from medical school needs to be within two years of the year of entrance to the program
- ECFMG certification required for entrance to the residency – not for applying for International Medical school graduates
- UConn School of Medicine sponsors J-1 Visa’s only
- Our department does not offer observerships or externships
Sample Contract: Download and/or Print a Sample Contract
Ms. Stephanie Phillips
Our program does not discriminate with respect to gender, race, age, religion, color, natural origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in all respects and for all learners.