Away Elective Application

The University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine’s (UConn SOM) Graduate Medical Education (GME) office will consider away rotations as part of the residency/fellowship training program. An away rotation, be it clinical or research-based, is a rotation at an institution that is not affiliated with UConn SOM.

The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office designee will determine the merits of the request for an away rotation. The resident/fellow must complete the Away Rotation Application Form (please type directly into the form) and provide all requested attachments. Requests must be submitted to the GME Office six weeks in advance of the requested start date. All items must be in place prior to the start of the rotation.

The “Away Elective” policy can be seen in its entirety at