The mission of the Department of Neuroscience:
- To conduct cutting-edge basic and translational research in neurosciences.
- To equip the next generation of scientists with the skills and tools needed to answer deep, outstanding questions about brain function and dysfunction.
- To develop new tools for studying and treating the various diseases of the nervous systems.
- To be effective ambassadors for strengthening neuroscience research and education within the University of Connecticut.
- To perform outreach, promoting the understanding and appreciation of the nervous system and its ailments, both nationally and locally in our home state of Connecticut.