Previous Course Work

Students may obtain credit for elective courses if they have already taken equivalent graduate-level courses at UConn or elsewhere (e.g., master’s degree programs). Requests for credit should be submitted in writing to the director, who will present the request to the executive committee for consideration. The person best able to assess the previous course work is the director of the course from which credit is sought. Thus, the course director’s approval must be obtained and indicated on the letter to the program director; final approval rests with the graduate school.

M.D./Ph.D. and D.M.D./Ph.D. Students

The Neuroscience Graduate Program recognizes the extensive course work taken in phase 1 of the M.D./Ph.D. and D.M.D./Ph.D. programs. Thus, students in these programs will take into consideration this previous course work when planning their curriculum in Neuroscience during the Ph.D. phase of the dual degree programs. Additional course work for such students in this phase will be determined in consultation with the student’s Major Advisor and Thesis Advisory Committee.