Blackboard Collaborate™ is a simple, convenient, and reliable online collaborative learning solution. The tool is tightly integrated with HuskyCT, the University’s learning management system, and its features complement the existing functionality of HuskyCT. Collaborate also has unique in-session tools, such as breakout rooms, an interactive whiteboard, application sharing, polling, and a hand-raising feature, that enhance engagement and the face-to-face feel of online classes.
- HuskyCT Integration – Seamlessly incorporate live and recorded Collaborate sessions in your HuskyCT course(s). Scheduling and configuring a live session is quick and easy.
- Interactive Whiteboard – A multi-user tool with a wide range of annotation tools, including text and drawings.
- Application Sharing – Share applications and documents with multiple users in real-time.
- Web Tour – Blackboard’s unique Web Tour feature allows moderators to launch an internet browser on participant’s computers. The moderator can then navigate the site remotely, which reduces screen rendering delays.
- Polling – Use the polling feature to ask participants Yes/No or multiple-choice questions during a session.
- Chat – An interactive chat tool allows moderators and participants to communicate via text during a session (public and private).
- Hand Raising – Participants can alert the moderator if they have an issue or question during the session by using the hand raising feature.
- Guest Invitations – Invite participants from all across the institution and beyond.
Additional Instructor/Moderator training materials are available at: