Academic IT Services (AITS) provides technical support for all university provisioned laptops to undergraduate Dental and Medical students. Technical support includes troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware and software issues. AITS staff handles all aspects of the repair process, including: contacting the vendor and coordinating appointments with technicians, shipping and receiving parts, and ensuring repairs are done in a timely manner.
You will be provided with the year's top of the line laptop model, which includes:
- Convertible laptop/tablet
- Touchscreen with stylus
- 16 GB RAM, SSD (hard drive), latest processor
- Four-year Accidental Damage Protection
- All needed productivity and curricular software
In addition, note the following:
- You have full administrative access on your laptop through your UConn Health network/email account (username/password). This means that you can install, uninstall programs and perform any task requiring admin access rights.
- Laptops are encrypted with BitLocker and managed centrally. If your machine ever needs a BitLocker key to unlock your computer please contact us immediately.
- Operating System updates and patching are managed centrally by IT. When a new patch or update becomes available, you will be prompted to download and install it the next time you are on the UConn Health network.
- Your laptop comes with Symantec anti-virus software, so please do not install other anti-virus software.
- All software including Windows 10 is provided through the institution. As a student at UConn Health, you are licensed to use our software. Upon graduation, you will be given information on how to factory restore your machine. This means anything you installed on your computer will be deleted. This will keep the institution in compliance with licensing agreements. It is mandatory to perform a factory restore. Institutional support for your laptops ends two months after graduation.
Below is the process and guidelines for laptop repairs. Please follow these steps when bringing your laptop for repair:
- Backup your data. It is crucial that you back up your data before dropping off your laptop to safeguard against data loss during the repair process. We will do our utmost best to prevent data loss, but we cannot be held responsible for any accidental data loss. We do not provide USBs or external hard drives.
- Complete the online Repair Intake Form.
- If possible, call (860-679-8870) or email (email@example.com) to schedule your drop off.
- You should plan on leaving your laptop for a minimum of 2-3 hours to properly diagnose the problem and provide an estimated timeline for the repair. Our staff will contact you with updates and when your laptop is repaired and ready for pickup. Our staff WILL NOT troubleshoot or fix the problem on the spot, so please plan accordingly.
- If your laptop needs to be sent out for repairs, it may take up to two weeks to get the repaired laptop back. Please be aware depending on the vendor’s laptop parts availability, the process can take longer in which case we would be sure to keep you updated. We will do our best to ensure that you have access to a computer during that time through our laptop loaner program in critical situations (e.g., for an exam) or assisting you in accessing one of the public workstations available throughout the Library.
|Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1||2023|
|HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2||2022, 2021|
|Lenovo Yoga 260||2020|
Help & Support
Telephone: 860-679-8870 (AITS Main)