All incoming students will receive a top of the line laptop when they arrive on campus. Academic IT Services (AITS) provides technical support for all university provisioned laptops to undergraduate Dental and Medical students. The laptops, which are distributed during Launch, are the latest top of the line models, which include:
- Convertible laptop/tablet
- Touchscreen with stylus
- 16 GB RAM, SSD (hard drive), latest processor
- Four-year Accidental Damage Protection
- All needed productivity and curricular software
About Your Laptop
- You have full administrative access on your laptop through your UConn Health network/email account (username/password). This means that you can install, uninstall programs and perform any task requiring admin access rights.
- Laptops are encrypted with BitLocker and managed centrally. If your device ever needs a BitLocker key to unlock your computer please contact us immediately.
- Operating System updates and patching are managed centrally by IT. When a new patch or update becomes available, you will be prompted to download and install it the next time you are on the UConn Health network.
- Your laptop comes with Symantec anti-virus software, so please do not install other anti-virus software.
- All software including Windows 10 is provided through the institution. As a student at UConn Health, you are licensed to use our software. Upon graduation, you will be given information on how to factory restore your machine. This means anything you installed on your computer will be deleted. This will keep the institution in compliance with licensing agreements. It is mandatory to perform a factory restore. Institutional support for your laptops ends two months after graduation.
AITS provides software/hardware troubleshooting and resolution. Our staff will handle all aspects of the troubleshooting/repair process, including: contacting the vendor and coordinating appointments with technicians, shipping and receiving parts, and ensuring repairs are done in a timely manner.
To receive support, please contact us (860-679-8870 or email@example.com) or complete the online Repair Intake Form. Our staff will contact you promptly to resolve your issue over the phone. They may also request you to join a video call (WebEx or MS Teams) and grant them access to your laptop for remote troubleshooting and resolution. If we are unable to resolve the issue remotely, we will schedule an appointment to drop off your laptop during our normal hours of operations (Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 6:00 pm). Please plan on leaving your laptop with us for a minimum of 2-3 hours to properly diagnose the problem and provide an estimated timeline for the repair. Our staff will contact you with updates and when your laptop is repaired and ready for pickup. Our staff WILL NOT troubleshoot or fix the problem on the spot, so please plan accordingly.
Before bringing your laptop for repair or service, please back up your data to protect against data corruption or loss. We are not responsible for data recovery or backup. We do not provide USBs or external hard drives. Please refer to the Data Management Guide on sound data management and backup practices.
If the laptop needs to be sent out for repairs, it may take up to two weeks to get the repaired laptop back. We will do our best to ensure that you have access to a computer during that time, either through our laptop loaner program in critical situations (e.g., for an exam) or to a workstation in the T2C2 (available during hours of operations).
|Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1||2024, 2023|
|HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2||2022, 2021|
|Lenovo Yoga 260||2020|