Each resident participates in a longitudinal ambulatory experience during all three years of residency. Previously known as "continuity clinic" the experience had been modified to reflect the diverse educational needs of residents.
- PL-1 and PL-2 residents are placed at an academic center or with a community practice
- PL-3 residents may switch to a subspecialty area if pursuing fellowship
- 36 sessions per year are required within no less than 26 weeks
- Usually in the afternoon to allow for attendance on rounds during inpatient blocks.
- Residents do not attend during PICU blocks, away rotations or during night float weeks
- Residents stay with their preceptor to allow development of mentorship
- Residents build their own patient panel
- Our resident continuity rates are at or above the national average
- Population health didactics focused on advocacy, social determinants presented
- Residents complete PSDA cycles yearly