Our commitment to DEI relates to our community of faculty, residents, and staff as well as the patients we serve. We value diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of health care including providing excellent patient care, within our academic and professional communities, and in research. Our faculty and residency programs recognize the important role diversity plays in creating a culture of collaboration and teamwork. To that end, our strategic effort and goals are as follows:
- Recruitment and retention of a diverse work force;
- Institutional and GME policies that are consistent across all of our affiliated hospital communities that allows for identification of best practices and identifying, reporting, and correcting mistreatment;
- Professional development and education of our GME community on cultural and structural competence;
- Patient care that demonstrates a commitment to our diverse communities with focused efforts in research, quality improvement, and institutional population health initiatives;
- Commitment to leadership in diversity, equity, and inclusion through program development.
We strive to foster a safe and supportive environment in graduate medical education!
UConn Office of Diversity and Inclusion
UConn Health Graduate School Diversity, Equity and Inclusion