NRMP Program Code: 1094180C0
All applications are process through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications are accepted through December 1. All applications are reviewed and should include:
- A Completed ERAS Form
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter
- Three (3) Current Letters of Recommendation
General requirement guidelines include the following:
- USMLE Parts 1 & 2, preferably passed on the first attempt. Scores must be part of the application. Step 2 Clinical Skills must be completed prior to January 1.
- COMLEX Levels 1 & 2, preferably passed on the first attempt. Scores must be part of the application.
- Medical school graduation preferably within 5 years of residency application.
- Only the J-1 visas are available for those candidates who are not permanent residents. The University will NOT sponsor H1b Visas.
- Valid ECFMG certificate for foreign medical school graduates.
U.S. clinical experience is not necessary to apply or enter our program.
Interviews are by invitation only. Once the application is complete and reviewed, selected candidates will be invited through ERAS. Interviews are conducted on Zoom on either Wednesday evenings and Thursday mornings Eastern Time beginning late October through the end of January.
All applicants considered for acceptance into any of the University of Connecticut’s Neurology Program will be scheduled for an interview with the Program Director and other faculty. The University of Connecticut selects from among eligible applicants on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. The University of Connecticut Neurology Residency Program does not discriminate with regards to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or any other applicable legally-protected status.
Sample Contract: Download and/or Print a Sample Contract
View more information on Eligibility Requirements and Selection.
Our program does not discriminate with respect to gender, race, age, religion, color, natural origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in all respects and for all learners.