Quitting is hard. We’re here to help.
If you want to quit smoking but don’t know where to begin, or if you’ve tried to quit in the past with little success, the Smoking Cessation Program at the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center has the expertise and resources to provide you with the support you need.
Improve your short-term and long-term health.
The body benefits almost immediately when you stop smoking. Within the first twenty minutes, heart and blood pressure are reduced, and within the first twelve hours, the carbon monoxide in the blood drops to normal levels.
Long term, the following health benefits can be realized:
- Reduced risk of lung and many other types of cancers
- Reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
- Reduced breathing issues such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath
- Reduced risk of COPD and other lung diseases
- Reduced risk of infertility in women of childbearing age
Take the first step with UConn Health.
Studies show that smokers who choose to quit improve their chances of success when they partner with a caring and supportive healthcare professional.
If you’re serious about quitting, give yourself every advantage.
Freedom From Smoking 2020
Join us for a FREE program for those ready to quit smoking. Group meets Thursday evenings for 7 weeks, including Monday, November 2.
Requirements to participate:
- Ready to quit
- Must be available for 8 sessions
- Must be able to access documents electronically
- Must be able to connect virtually for weekly meetings
Dates: October 8 to November 19
Time: 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Location: Webex link to follow after registration
To Sign Up: Call 860-679-4007. Space is limited.