At the Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, we are committed to providing compassionate care through a wide range of state-of-the-art services in a multidisciplinary setting.
Our team includes experienced providers in the fields of medical and surgical oncology, gynecologic oncology, hematology, radiation oncology and more. Experts work together to provide all patients a complete approach to care. Here are just a few of our areas of excellence:
- Breast Health: Our team helps women with the prevention, early detection and most effective treatments for breast cancer.
- Gynecologic Cancers: UConn has a very strong program in the prevention and treatment of ovarian, uterine and cervical cancers, and offers care from nationally recognized providers who are truly leaders in this field.
- Blood Disorders: Through the Lea’s Center for Hematologic Disorders, we offer complete care for cancerous and non-cancerous blood disorders.
- Radiation Oncology: We offer today’s most exciting advances in targeted, precision radiation oncology including the region’s only TomoTherapy system.
- Cancer Prevention Programs: UConn introduced the first programs in the region to help women understand their risk of breast and ovarian cancers, as well as the area’s only Colon Cancer Prevention Program for men and women. These programs combine today’s most sophisticated screening tools with personalized approaches to help patients adopt individualized, ongoing cancer prevention strategies.
- Reconstructive Surgery: Patients receive today’s best approaches to reconstructive surgery.
- Head and Neck Cancer/Oral Oncology Program: Drawing upon UConn’s expertise in dental medicine, ENT, radiation oncology and more, we offer a unique and comprehensive approach to care for head and neck cancers.
- Skin Cancer: Complete care for patients with skin cancers including melanoma is offered in conjunction with nationally recognized leaders in UConn’s Dermatology program.
- Endocrine Neoplasia: This program is the only one of its kind in Connecticut dedicated to treating cancers of the thyroid and parathyroid.
Because we are concerned about all aspects of our patients’ care, we place a strong emphasis on supportive services such as oncology nursing, social work, nutritional counseling, pastoral care and genetic counseling. Our new Raveis-American Cancer Society Navigator Program will help all patients receive support, education and additional services throughout their care.
In addition, the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center reaches out to the community by offering cancer screenings, public education programs, and other free services to help educate all people about cancer prevention, early detection and new advances in care.
As part of a university hospital, research is the cornerstone of all activity at the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center. Our basic scientists, clinical researchers, epidemiologists and cancer specialists are working to discover innovative new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. Because of this, our patients have the unique opportunity to participate in research studies developed at UConn Health as well as those studies conducted regionally and nationally.
The Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center is committed to providing expert care while continuously pursuing the newest discoveries in cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cures of tomorrow.