Our POCUS program continues to evolve as ultrasound research is expanding. The incoming fellows attend our annual Connecticut Introduction to Point of Care Ultrasound Conference which is hosted by UConn Health and attended by pulmonary and critical care fellows throughout the State. In the PGY5 and PGY6 years, our fellows attend the Advanced Critical Care Echocardiograph Conference which is a one day course also hosted by UConn Health.
Ultrasound education is supplemented by monthly ultrasound sessions dedicated to hands on ultrasound, image review and didactic lectures. Fellows have hands on mentorship while rotating at UConn Health and in our affiliated institutions. Ultrasound images can also be saved to PACS for image review and generating reports.
- Annual Connecticut POCUS Conferences hosted by UConn Health:
- PGY4 fellows: Introduction to Point of Care Ultrasound Course (2 days in July).
- PGY5 and PGY6 fellows: Advanced Critical Care Echo Course ( 1 day in November).
- Monthly ultrasound sessions dedicated to hands on ultrasound, image review and didactic lectures.
- Use of POCUS during critical care rounds.