Where do our fellows come from?
We have been fortunate to recruit fellows from excellent training programs. In recent years, graduates of the following internal medicine programs have joined the Hartford Hospital Cardiology Fellowship.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cooper University Hospital (Camden, NJ)
- Detroit Medical Center - Wayne State University
- Henry Ford Hospital - Wayne State University
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
- Maine Medical Center
- New York University School of Medicine
- New York Methodist Hospital
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- University of Massachusetts School of Medicine
- University of Nevada School of Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Saint Francis Medical Center (Trenton NJ)
- Saint Michael’s Medical Center (Newark NJ)
- Saint Vincent Hospital (Worcester MA)
What are our recent fellowship graduates doing now?
50% of our recent graduates underwent subspecialty training (40% in interventional cardiology, 30% in heart failure and transplant, 20% in clinical electrophysiology and 10% in advanced cardiovascular imaging).
Practice Setting: 32% are employed by academic centers and 63% work in private practice or non -academic hospital-owned practices.
*Statistics from last 5 years.
Subspecialty Fellowship Matches
Our fellows have had an excellent subspecialty match record as follows.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA, [Interventional Cardiology]
- Brown University, [Academic Cardiology]
- Columbia University/New York Presbyterian Hospital, [Structural Echocardiography]
- Hartford Hospital, [Interventional Cardiology]
- Houston Methodist Hospital, TX, [Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology]
- New York University, [Clinical Electrophysiology, Interventional Cardiology]
- Stanford University, [Cardiac Critical Care]
- Thomas Jefferson, University Hospital, [Cardiac Critical Care]
- Temple University, [Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology]
- University of California, Los Angeles [Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant]
- University of California, San Diego, [Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology]
- University of California, San Francisco, CA, [Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging]
- University of Minnesota, MN, [Advanced Heart failure and Transplant Cardiology]
- University of Southern California, [Interventional Cardiology]
- University of Utah, [Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology]
- Yale University, [Interventional Cardiology]
- West Virginia University, [Interventional Cardiology]