Application Process for the UConn General Surgery Residency Program
- All applications must be made through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
- CASPER suite evaluations ARE NOT REQUIRED for application or to be selected for an interview. However, we encourage all applicants to our program to take the CASPER suite evaluations as we are participating in a pilot project to look at the utility of these evaluations. The data from these evaluations WILL NOT be used in our selection for interview or ranking process. Please see our letter for details regarding Casper Suite.
- All applications must include:
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Official medical school transcript
- A Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (formerly the Dean’s Letter)
- USMLE score for step I (and step II if available)
- COMLEX score for step I (and step II if available)
- ECFMG certification required for entrance to the residency
- J-1 visas are acceptable for those applicants who are not permanent residents
Our program does not discriminate with respect to gender, race, age, religion, color, natural origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in all respects and for all learners.
For additional information, please contact:
General Surgery Residency Program Coordinator