UConn Integrated Residency in Emergency Medicine:
The University of Connecticut abides by the guidelines of the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) for resident/fellowship eligibility and selection. We are a member of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). We accept all residency applications exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Paper applications will not be accepted.
The deadline for receiving applications is November 1. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Graduate of U.S. or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education or the American Osteopathic Association or
- Graduate of a foreign medical school (meeting all ECFMG requirements) with:
- Valid ECFMG certificate.
- Completion of Fifth Pathway Program provided by a medical school accredited by the LCME or
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine
- Only J-1 visas are accepted by the University.
- Passing scores for USMLE Step 1, 2 CK or COMLEX equivalents (on first attempt)
- Medical school graduation must be within 5 years of residency application.
- We do require at least one month of experience in a U.S. Emergency Medicine Department and/or rotation with a U.S. accredited institution.
Applications must contain all of the following information:
- ERAS Application
- Official USMLE Scores (Steps 1, 2 CK or COMLEX equivalents)
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae (with no unexplained gaps of time)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) / Dean’s Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendation, with requirement of at least one letter from an Emergency Medicine physician from a required Emergency Medicine rotation.
- Personal Statement
- Letter from Residency Program Director, (if previously attended residency program)
Our virtual interview season runs from late October to the end of January. Interview days vary each week between Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The interview day begins at 8 a.m. and continues until 2 p.m. Applicants will have the opportunity to speak with faculty, have a social hour with our residents, and also participate in a separate Q&A session with them. There are plenty of links available on our website including Facebook and Instagram for opportunities to see where we work and play.
Resident Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Our residency program selects applicants based on their preparedness, ability, academic credentials, aptitude, communication skills and personal qualities, such as motivation and integrity and other program related aspects. Our program does not discriminate with regards to gender, race, age, religion, color, natural origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
Please review the sample Resident Agreement Letter from the University of Connecticut.
For more information please contact:
UConn School of Medicine
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-1930
Sample Contract: Download and/or Print a Sample Contract
Our program does not discriminate with respect to gender, race, age, religion, color, natural origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in all respects and for all learners.