EXERCISES FOR YOUR BRAIN
Most of us are aware that keeping our bodies physically active is important to remain healthy and prevent illness. This is the same approach that we need to take for brain health too.
Think of it as exercising your brain! The same activities that are beneficial for the rest of your body are also good for your brain as it ages. There are additional activities that you can specifically do to ward off memory loss. Any activity that challenges your mind and requires you to learn new information or skills is considered an exercise. Here are some good exercises to challenge your brain:
- Learn a new language
- Socialize with others
- Try “brain teasers” like crossword puzzles, word finds, word games, etc.
- Switch careers or volunteer
- Keep up on current events
- Start a new hobby
- Learn to play an instrument
- Take classes that interest you
Here are some brain teasers for you to try: