- Our academic year is divided into 13 blocks (~4 weeks per block).
- Fellows spend time on Inpatient, Outpatient, and Research blocks throughout their 3 years. A sample overall block schedule is shown below.
- Dedicated procedure time is built into all blocks.
- Goal is 18 clinical blocks, with 10-13 inpatient as well as 5-8 outpatient and 18 research blocks.
- There is additional flexibility based on individual interests and career goals; in their final year of fellowship, fellows have the ability to choose a research or clinical pathway based on their career goals.
- Throughout fellowship, fellows maintain a weekly continuity clinic one half day a week (Tuesday or Thursday afternoons).
- Our division holds Wednesday didactics which is attended by GI fellows, faculty and residents and medical students on GI elective.
- Fellows have 4 weeks of vacation every year.
|PGY4||PGY5||PGY6 – Clinical||PGY6 – Research|