Ongoing and prior research projects, presentations, and publications are listed below and demonstrate the diverse research and academic opportunities within our MIGS division.
UConn Health/Saint Francis Hospital FMIGS
July 1, 2018 to Present
- Establishment of FLS training program for the UConn and Saint Francis Hospital residents.
- Comparing Postoperative Pain with Laparoscopic versus Robotic Sacrocolpopexy. Schmidt M, Turner L, Bradley M, Shepherd J. Poster Presentation AAGL 48th Global Congress Vancouver Nov. 2019.
- Correlation Between Ultrasound Classification of Adenomyosis and Surgical Staging of Endometriosis. Ditrio L, Schmidt M, Morosky C, Luciano DE. Oral Presentation at American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine Annual Congress, March 2020. Done Virtually due to COVID.
- Identification of Juvenile Cystic Adenomyoma using 3D Ultrasound: A report of two cases. Wilcox A. Schmidt M. Luciano DE. Oral Presentation at American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine Annual Congress, March 2020. Done virtually due to COVID.
- Management of a Utero-Paravaginal Fistula: A Case Report. Megan F Schmidt, M.D., Alexandre M. West, M.D., Anthony A. Luciano, M.D., Poster Presentation AAGL 2020 Virtual Global Congress on MIGS, November 2020.
- Preparing OB/GYN Residents for the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Exam Megan F Schmidt, M.D., Alexis Newmark, M.D., Rachel LaMonica, D.O., Jonathan Shepherd, M.D., Danielle E. Luciano, M.D. Poster Presentation at AAGL 2020 Virtual Global Congress on MIGS, November 2020.
- Cellular Phenotyping of Endometriosis at the Single Cell Level Highlights Complex Heterogeneity. Danielle E. Luciano, M.D., Oral Presentation AAGL 2020 Virtual Global Congress on MIGS, November 2020. (Clinical PI Study done with Jackson Laboratories, grant from the Department of Defense Cellular Phenotyping of Endometriosis-Towards Biomarker Discovery and a Mechanistic Understanding of Disease).
- Rapid Referral for Iron Infusion in Gynecological Patients. Amanda Paige Ulrich, M.D.1, Arielle Katcher, M.D.2, Lizelle Comfort, M.D.2, Melissa Plummer, BS3, Xianhong Xie, Ph.D.4, Melissa Fazzari, Ph.D., M.S.4, Mark Chaitowitz, MD5 and Holly K. Yettaw Luts, M.D.6 Montefiore Medical Center, New York, NY. Oral Presentation AAGL 2020 Virtual Global Conference on MIGS, November 2020.
- Removal of Essure Contraceptive Device. Moona Arabkhazaeli, M.D., Obstetrics & Gynecology, , Amanda Paige Ulrich, M.D., Kari M. Plewniak, M.D., BS, OB/GYN (Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery), Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY. Poster Presentation AAGL Virtual Global Conference on MIGS, November 2020.
- Schmidt M, Ditrio L, Shute B, Luciano DE. Surgical management and gynecologic care of the transgender patient. Current Opinion OBGyn 2019; 31(4): 228-34.
- Wilcox A, Luciano DE, Morosky C. Vaginal Cuff Dehiscence. Topics in Ob Gyn. 2020; 40(13):1-5.
- Bartels C, Luciano AA, Luciano DE. Rare case of abdominal scar endometriosis by direct communication between fallopian tube and abdominal wall. Journal of Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain Disorders. 2020;12(3-4):120-23.
- Wilcox A, Schmidt M, Luciano DE. Identification of Juvenile Cystic Adenomyoma Using High-Resolution Imaging. Obstet Gynecol. 2020;136(5):1021-24.