All applications must be made through ERAS, or the Electronic Residency Application Service.
All applications must include:
- Three current letters of recommendation (although not mandatory, it is preferable that at least one of these be from the preceptor of an anesthesiology rotation)
- Official medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (formerly the Dean’s Letter)
- USMLE score for step I (and step II if available)
- COMLEX score for step I (and step II if available)
Applicants must have graduated from an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school within the last five years.
While there is no set minimum USMLE/COMLEX score, applicants whose USMLE score is 220 or greater (COMLEX 500 or greater) are more is likely to be granted an interview.
The application deadline is December 1.
Altus Suite - Assessments of Non-Cognitive Skills for Selection
All applicants applying to the UConn Residency in Anesthesia are required to complete an online suite of assessments (Altus Suite), to assist with our selection process for the 2022/23 application cycle.
Altus Suite is a standardized, three-part online assessment of non-cognitive skills, interpersonal characteristics, and personal values and priorities that we believe are important for successful residents of our program. Altus Suite will complement the other tools that we use for applicant review and evaluation. In implementing Altus Suite, we are trying to further enhance fairness and objectivity in our selection process.
Altus Suite consists of:
- Casper: 60-90 minute online, open-response situational judgment test
- Snapshot: 10-minute one-way video interview with standardized questions
- Duet: 15-minute value-alignment assessment
You will register for Altus Suite for CSP-20101 - U.S. Graduate Medical Education
Access Altus Suite to learn more about the three-part assessment, important dates and requirements, and to create your account.
International Medical Graduates
- Must submit a valid ECFMG certificate
Only J-1 visas are acceptable for those applicants who are not permanent residents.
Our program does not discriminate with respect to gender, race, age, religion, color, natural origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in all respects and for all learners.
Sample Contract: Download and/or Print a Sample Contract
View more information on Eligibility Requirements and Selection.