The Resident Selection Committee looks for:
- USMLE Minimum Score Requirements: An average of 190 or above preferred for both Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge and a passing score on Step 2 Clinical Skills or CSA. The committee does not consider applications with more than three attempts on each exam. Step 1 is required to be eligible for interview.
- COMLEX Minimum Score Requirements: An average of 410 or above preferred for both COMLEX LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 2 CE and a passing score on COMLEX Level 2 PE. The committee does not consider applications with more than three attempts on each exam. COMLEX 1 is required to be eligible for interview.
- Foreign Medical Graduates must pass USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge, and Step 2 Clinical Skills before the Match.
- Graduation from medical school within the past five years is preferred, but not required.
- U.S. clinical experience is preferred.
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required.
- CV must be current.
- We accept foreign medical graduates on J-1 Visas and international medical graduates.
- UConn Health sponsors J-1 Visas only.
- Proficiency in the English language (both spoken and written).
- Applicants should apply through ERAS by November 1.
Sample Contract: Download and/or Print a Sample Contract
Our program does not discriminate with respect to gender, race, age, religion, color, natural origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in all respects and for all learners.