Our primary goal is to train Pediatric Surgery fellows who are both academically and clinically competent. Our curriculum emphasizes hands-on experience. You will gain experience in the operating room as well as with patients during outpatient visits and consultations. As the program progresses, you will be given increasing levels of responsibility on cases in the operating room and during research. Fellows will be given opportunities to complete all of the necessary cases in the American Board of Surgery (ABS) required areas of focus in pediatric surgery.
- Busy clinical service with exposure to routine and complex pediatric surgical cases
- Attending surgeons from diverse backgrounds
- Graded autonomy as you progress through the fellowship
- Rotation on both PICU and NICU in the first year
- Strong support from advanced practitioners