We will be accepting applications for a PGY6 fellow position starting August 1, 2023
- All applications must be submitted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our ACGME program ID is 4450812053. We do not accept applications outside of ERAS.
- Applications must include: Dean's letter, medical school transcript, three letters of reference, CV (with no unexplained gaps), USMLE or COMLEX transcript, personal statement, photo and an ECFMG certificate (if applicable).
- All applicants must have completed a five-year residency accredited by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or International-ACGME or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) or College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC).
- Each application must be complete, without references to "see CV" or "see resume".
- All applicants must have completed and passed their Step 3 examination before entering fellowship.
- UConn only accepts J-1 visas. They do not sponsor any other visa type.
- We rank and/or select from eligible applicants based on a combination of their medical school transcript, dean's letter, letters of reference, USMLE scores, and their overall interview.
- Applicants are selected according to the timeline set by the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
- Our program does not discriminate with respect to gender, race, age, religion, color, natural origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
- We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in all respects and for all learners.
Sample Contract: Download and/or Print Sample Contract
The American Pediatric Surgical Association is a great resource for general surgery fellowship information.