On behalf of the Division of Neonatology at UConn, thank you for your interest in our fellowship program. This three-year program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education. We emphasize scholarship, high-quality evidence-based patient care, and career guidance and supervision in a safe, ethical and professional environment. Fellows who successfully complete our program are eligible for the American Board of Pediatrics subspecialty certifying examination in neonatal-perinatal medicine.
Our Neonatology fellowship is a three-year program designed to prepare the physician to be able:
- To administer the highest level of care to all newborn infants based on the understanding of basic pathophysiologic processes;
- To communicate effectively with the families of critically ill newborns, recognizing the primacy of their relationship with their infant and the importance of their contributions to the care of their infants;
- To identify the ethical and legal issues involved in perinatal and neonatal care and to apply these appropriately to the care of newborn infants and their families as well as to populations;
- To assess and monitor the neurological and developmental status of infants during hospitalization and at the time of post-discharge follow-up and to use community-based resources for their benefit;
- To understand and use the mechanisms of delivery of perinatal and neonatal care on a regional basis;
- To design and complete through preparation for publication one or more research projects, either clinical or laboratory.
Diversity and inclusion are foundational elements of the University of Connecticut Pediatric Fellowship Programs at Connecticut Children’s. Consistent with this focus we pursue diversity in all its varied expressions, including but not limited to, gender, race, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity; with the goal of providing an educational environment that fosters the success of learners who are representative of the population of Connecticut, and a clinical environment that provides high quality healthcare to the myriad communities of the State.
For additional information, please contact Amanda Ross at email@example.com.
Jennifer Trzaski, M.D.