Please complete the form and submit to CCAM staff.
Microscope Training and Service Work
All users, who wish to become independent users of CCAM equipment, must be trained on each instrument they will be using prior to gaining access to the instrument. It is highly recommended for users to be trained within a week of intended microscope use in order to avoid repeated training sessions due to lack of use.
Those users who wish to use the systems with the assistance of CCAM staff, via service work, should also review the information below.
1. In order to schedule a training session and gain access to the microscopes, you must have an active account in the CORES billing & scheduling system and have a grant that can be charged for the initial training session/service work and any future microscope use. You must speak to your PI and your department’s administrative staff in order for this to be arranged. The initial training session or service work will be scheduled in conjunction with Susan Staurovsky, email@example.com, 860-679-4686.
Do you have a CAM account? The CAM account will allow you to log into the user computer and to store your data remotely.
Yes - please see below regarding the lab folder.
No - please visit High Performance Computing to request a CAM account.
Does your PI have a CAM lab folder? The lab folder is the location for you to store your data remotely and is only shared with current lab members.
Yes - please have your PI visit High Performance Computing to request that you get access to the shared folder via your CAM account. Please be sure that they provide the network location of the folder and your name and email credentials.
No - please have your PI visit High Performance Computing to request a CAM lab folder. In addition, ensure that your PI requests access for you via your CAM account.
1. Training sessions are conducted on a case by case basis, with a maximum of two trainees per session.
2. It is highly recommended for users to be trained within a week of intended microscope use in order to avoid repeated training sessions due to lack of use.
3. Service work is performed on an as needed basis.
1. Susan Staurovsky, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-679-4686 is responsible for training sessions and service work.
2. Please complete the form above and Susan will contact you once it has been verified you are an authorized user in the CORES system and you have a CAM account.
If possible, please bring your own sample to the initial training session. If you will be using live specimens, it is recommended to bring a fixed sample, using the same or similar fluorophores as with the live specimen to the initial training. Staff will help those with live samples to transition to the live samples in a subsequent training session.