Mood and Anxiety Clinic
The Mood and Anxiety Clinic at the UConn Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive and compassionate care to individuals struggling with mood and anxiety symptoms. Our team of board-certified clinicians strives to provide state-of-the-art care informed by cutting edge research. Our program offers a broad range of treatment options from an array of effective medications and psychotherapy interventions. Our highly skilled and experienced clinicians will work with you in a collaborative manner to develop a personalized treatment plan, a plan tailored to fit your needs.
Our clinic specializes in understanding and treatment of mood and anxiety disorders across the lifespan.
Typical patients range in age from early adulthood to late life with a range of psychiatric illnesses including major depression, bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, adjustment disorders and depression/anxiety issues due to medical illnesses such as cancer and heart conditions. Patients are seen for ongoing care or for one-time diagnostic evaluation/consultation (second opinion) by our nationally-recognized faculty.
We are committed to be at the forefront of new and effective treatments of mood and anxiety disorders including latest medications and effective psychotherapeutic interventions. Our program also offers opportunities for participating in innovative research studies for patients that are interested.
We offer personalized, evidence-based, multidisciplinary care, including the following services:
- A comprehensive medical-psychiatric and psycho-social evaluation
- Psychophrmacological treatments administered by highly skilled and experienced clinicians specializing in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders
- Individual and Group psychotherapy including cognitive-behavioral therapy, interpersonal psychotherapy, insight-oriented psychotherapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Integrated psychopharmacological and individual psychotherapy
We have access to other services within the UConn Health system. Our faculty can refer patients to these services on an individual basis. These services include:
- Group psychotherapy for diverse indications, including dialectical-behavioral therapy
- Ancillary clinical testing including focused neurocognitive evaluation
- Personalized treatment for substance use disorders
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) services for inpatient, outpatient and maintenance ECT
We are currently conducting several research studies that may help to improve understanding of the causes of mood and anxiety disorders and develop novel treatments to manage these illnesses. Some of these studies provide assessment and treatment at no charge and some studies provide reimbursement for your participation. If interested, please follow the study link to find out more about the specific study.
Mood and Anxiety Clinic
300 UConn Health Boulevard
Farmington, CT 06030
Meet Our Team