Fellows are expected to participate in at least one research project and one quality improvement project. Assistance will be available to identify projects and ideas as well as training within research methodology, statistics and abstract and manuscript preparation. Internal funding is available for start-up projects through the Department of Surgery.
Areas for research include but are not limited to:
- ATOM for training of the acute care surgeon
- Use of transfusion in manipulating oxygen tension in the injured brain
- Spinal cord injury and clinical predictors of outcome
- Simulation education versus traditional education
- Unplanned extubation in the surgical patient