Applications for the two year program will be accepted from physicians who have successfully completed a surgical residency. Alternatively, one year applications will be considered for physicians who have completed a surgical residency and a surgical critical care fellowship at an accredited ACGME institution. Applications will be sent with an information packet to interested applicants.
Interviews will be offered to qualified candidates.
For Surgical Critical Care/Acute Care Surgery Fellowships, a complete application includes the following:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Completed Application Form
- Dean’s letter, medical school transcript, and diploma
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the department chair)
- National Board Scores: Sent directly from the licensing board, USMLE Step 1, 2, 3, or COMLEX scores
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of J-1 Visa (if applicable)
- For Acute Care Surgery applicants only (previous critical care training already completed), please contact Melissa Costa, Program Coordinator for Acute Care Surgery, email@example.com directly.
- For Surgical Critical Care (SCC, 1 year) or ACS (1 year SCC, 1 year ACS), please contact the SCC Program Coordinator Melissa Costa, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Jonathan D. Gates, M.D., MBA, FACS
Chief of Surgery, Hartford Hospital
Professor of Surgery, UConn School of Medicine
Program Director, Surgical Critical Care and Acute Care Surgical Fellowship
80 Seymour Street
P.O. Box 5037
Hartford, CT 06102-5037
Sample Contract: Download and/or Print Sample Contract
The program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, disability or national origin.