Jun Lu, M.D., Associate Professor of Dermatology, and Director of Clinical Trials, manages the fellowship. Other members of the dermatology faculty may be involved in an advisory manner.
On a daily basis the fellow will be asked to:
- Carry out the evaluation of subjects enrolled in clinical trials (sponsored by multiple companies, and investigator-initiated trials conceived by faculty in the Department of Dermatology) addressing inflammatory skin disease.
- Complete bureaucratic/logistical responsibilities related to study initiation, IRB approval, adverse event reporting, source document completion, case report form completion, and other relevant communications with the IRB and sponsors.
- Publish findings derived from these studies and other clinical experiences (such as case reports from the dermatology clinic) in peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Potentially present the findings of these studies at academic symposia.
- Be present Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Participate, time permitting, in all residency-related didactics and monthly dermatology Grand Rounds.
Dr. Lu will meet with the fellow every two months to provide feedback regarding:
- Professionalism, including punctuality, interpersonal skills and diligence
- Thorough knowledge of all studies
- Work towards recruitment of subjects for studies
- Progress on publication creation
- Progress on presentation creation
- Career planning