Preparing for Your Visit
Thank you for choosing UConn Radiology. When you visit us for an appointment, please bring:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card(s)
- Form of payment
- List of your current medications and dosages, including over-the-counter medicines
- X-rays or copies of other previously completed imaging
Please be sure to let our staff know if you have any allergies, serious health problems, or have had any recent surgeries. Please disclose if you have metal implants, medical/electronic devices in your body, or there is a possibility that you are pregnant.
We recommend that you also:
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes and shoes
- Avoid wearing jewelry, body piercings, and other valuables
- Bring a book, magazine, or tablet
You can request a UConn Health chaperone to stay with you during certain sensitive exams. Please note that this may not be possible in the case of an emergency. You can also bring an adult friend or family member or have a UConn Health chaperone (if scheduled or available) stay with you during non-sensitive exams. When scheduling your test, please let your care team know that you are interested in having a chaperone accompany you.
Please be sure to check specific instructions for your exam: