Mood, Cognition, and Aging Research Program
Like us on
A Neural Study of the Maturational Shift in Emotion Regulation in Healthy Aging and Depression
UConn Health Investigates Emotional Control in Healthy Aging and Depression
In this study we are using brain imaging to look for brain changes related to happiness in older adults and other changes that might predict worsening in depression over two years.
Recruiting adults 45 to 75 years old who:
- Have no history of depression
- Are in remission from a depressive disorder
- 4 to 8 study appointments.
- Interviews and evaluations.
- Testing of thinking and memory.
- One-time MRI brain scan at UConn Health
- No cost for participation.
- All study appointments, except the MRI, can be done remotely
Payment to participants includes $100 at completion of the baseline assessments and $50 at completion of each of the follow-up assessments at 6 and 12 months for a total of up to $200 for the 1-year study.
Principal Investigator: Lihong Wang, M.D., Department of Psychiatry
IRB Number: 20-122-1
Enrollment end date: August 1, 2022