The Medication Therapy Management Clinic aims to help our patients manage and understand their medications. Pharmacists collaborate with your health care team to review your medications for safety, effectiveness, side effects, and drug interactions.
Reviewing prescriptions for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis.
What to Expect During Your Appointment
At your appointment, the pharmacist will:
- Review all medications you are taking, including herbal, over-the-counter, and prescription medications
- Create an accurate, up-to-date medication list for you to print or bring with you to health care appointments
- Answer medication-related questions
- Order labs to ensure it is safe to begin a new specialty medication
- Check to see if your medications may be causing any unwanted effects
- Review side effects, storage, and administration instructions for new medications
- Teach or review injection techniques for injectable medications
- Help identify ways to save money on your prescriptions
Make an Appointment
When you are prescribed a new specialty medication, your provider can refer you to the Medication Therapy Management Clinic to see a pharmacist. You can also request to enroll in this clinic by asking your health care team.
Location & Directions
Outpatient Pavilion, 1st Floor
135 Dowling Way
Farmington, CT 06030