- Remember – when a Heparin drip is ordered for you patient:
- Obtain a barcoded copy of the nomogram from your unit that corresponds with the Heparin drip order. DO NOT PRINT THE NOMOGRAMS FROM THIS WEBSITE.
- Place a patient label on the nomogram.
- Document the weight used to dose the Heparin which should be the weight entered by the MD/LIP and used throughout Heparin therapy.
- Sign, date and time on the nomogram below the weight your enter.
- Heparin Drip Calculation Reference Tool
- Intravenous Low Intensity Heparin Nomogram – Cardiology and Interventional Procedures and Ischemic Stroke (HCH-2281)
- Intravenous High Intensity Heparin Nomogram – Venous Thromboembolism (DVT/PE) (HCH-2282)