UConn John Dempsey Hospital Formulary List
Memo to Practitioners on Recent P&T Decisions
P&T Approved Therapeutic Interchange List
- P&T List of Approved Medication Interchanges
- Update 10/19/2016 includes: Updated IV to PO interchange criteria for non-antimicrobials, Alfuzosin interchange, Diphenhydramine restrictions or patients >65yrs with indication of sleep, therapeutic duplication clarification, pain scale clarification, Oxacillin to Nafcillin (shortage), Cortisporin to Maxitrol Opth (shortage), Ceftotaxime restricted to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center NICU only (shortage), Breo to Symbicort, Berinert dose rounding.
- Update 11/30/2016 includes: Anoro Ellipta and Stiolto Respimat to formulary inhalers, topical steroid equivalency table, Apriso and Lialda to Delzicol, Canasa to Rowasa, Cipro HC to Ciprodex, OxyMORphone to Oxycodone, Nabumetone & Diflunisal & Piroxicam to formulary NSAID, Insulin degludec to Insulin glargine, Miconazole vaginal to clotrimazole vaginal, Fenofibrate products and Risedronate to Alendronate.
- Update 3/29/2017 includes: Pharmacist automatically putting in a sodium chloride infusion bag to be infused upon completion of Alteplase.
- Last Update 11/29/2017 includes: Updated Statin and Pancreatic Enzyme Interchanges
- Update 7/24/2018 includes: Losartan has replaced Valsartan as our formulary ARB due to some manufactures of Valsartan containing an impurity N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA).
- Pharmacy Policy for P&T Approved Therapeutic Interchanges
Formulary Request Form for Review by P&T for Formulary Addition (Send to Gillian Kuszewski Upon Completion)
Non-Formulary Request Form (patient specific case)