The mission of the GWIMS is to advance the full and successful participation of women in all roles within academic medicine, and to provide a venue for women to participate in advancing the AAMC mission to improve the nation’s health.
The GWIMS aims to serve a national forum to advance women’s success in medicine and science by addressing gender equity, recruitment and retention, awards and recognition, and career advancement.
In the News
- Kuhn Named AIMBE Fellow
- Women of Innovation Award Goes to Dr. Christine Finck
- The Power of Our Women
- Dr. Marja Hurley Receives 2016 Lawrence G. Raisz Award
- School of Medicine’s Founding Faculty Members Honored
- More Women in Science
- Directing a Life in Science
- Managing Service Duties
- Affirmative Action Policies Promote Women and Do Not Harm Efficiency in the Laboratory
- Is Motherhood the Biggest Reason for Academia's Gender Imbalance?
- Work-Life Balance Is Out of Reach for Many Male and Female Scientists
- When Scientists Choose Motherhood