Benefits Available to Adjunct, Community-based and Affiliated Faculty
All faculty are invited to participate in faculty development seminars and workshops, and access our Lyman Maynard Stowe Health Sciences Library resources and services.
Faculty of the School of Medicine may also earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit through a variety of means: Journal-based CME; Internet Point of Care CME; and Online CME. For more information, visit:
- Internet Point of Care CME
- Journal-based CME
- M Delta Curriculum General Information
- CME General Information
Benefits Exclusive to Affiliated Faculty
- Are invited to participate in academic advancement workshops that target their specific professional category.
Affiliated faculty are invited to attend School of Medicine sponsored workshops specifically designed to provide them with detailed information about the criteria for promotion in their selected professional category, as well as suggestions for success.
- May be invited to participate as a member of the Senior Appointment and Promotion Committee.
Affiliated faculty are eligible and may be invited by the dean of the School of Medicine to participate as a primary or secondary reviewer on the Senior Appointments and Promotions Committee (SAPC).
- May be invited to serve in a leadership role as a department vice chair or assistant dean for medical education at the respective affiliated institution.
The Dean will appoint an assistant dean for medical education at the affiliated institution.
Affiliated faculty are also eligible for appointment by the appropriate department chair and the dean of the School of Medicine to serve as vice chair of a department.
- May participate in the faculty governance process which includes policy and planning activities for the School of Medicine.
Affiliated faculty as designated in their affiliation agreements are invited to self-designate as clinical or basic science faculty and are eligible to hold applicable seats on 1) Education Council, 2) Public Issues Council, and 3) Research Council. Further, these faculty are invited to vote in elections held to fill the faculty-designated seats on these three (3) councils.
- May be invited to participate as a member of a subcommittee of Education Council.