Research & Clinical Trials
The Dermatology Clinical Research Unit (DCRU) is dedicated to high quality, innovative and high-impact dermatology research. The Clinical Research team consists of highly qualified, trained and certified research professionals who are committed to assisting in the planning, development, implementation, and regulatory oversight of all phases of clinical trials.
Under the guidance of the Clinical Research Director, Jun Lu, M.D., FAAD, the DCRU conducts clinical research studies on a variety of dermatologic conditions, adhering to a mission of advancing the understanding of skin diseases and discovering novel therapies to benefit dermatology patients.
While conducting many investigator initiated trials, the DCRU also actively partners with various pharmaceutical companies and other academic medical centers to bring revolutionary research studies to UConn Health. The DCRU partners with UConn Health to meet its goals of excellence in patient care, education, and research.
Jun Lu, M.D., FAAD
Clinical Research Medical Director
Ektor Rafti, M.D.
Clinical Trials Research Facilitator
Meg Toro, CCRC
Senior Clinical Research Associate
Sueheidi Santiago, M.D.
Clinical Research Fellow
Current Open Studies
- Long Term Safety and Efficacy of Nemolizumab With Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis
- Atopic Dermatitis Registry: A Study of Post Approval Drug Safety and Effectiveness
- Corrona Atopic Dermatitis Registry: A Study of Post Approval Drug Safety and Effectiveness
- Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Nemolizumab in Subjects With Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis
- Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Roflumilast Cream in Subjects with Atopic Dermatitis
- Open Label Extension Trial With Roflumilast for the Management of Atopic Dermatitis
- Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Lebrikizumab (LY3650150) in Adolescent Participants With Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis
- Evaluate Safety and Efficacy of Tralokinumab Administered With Device A in Adults and Adolescents With Moderate-to-severe Atopic Dermatitis
Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria (CSU)
- The Corrona Psoriasis (PSO) Registry
- Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Risankizumab for Maintenance in Moderate to Severe Plaque Type Psoriasis (LIMMITLESS)
- Guselkumab in Skin of Color Participants With Moderate-to-severe Plaque and/or Scalp Psoriasis