Research & Clinical Trials
The Dermatology Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) is dedicated to high quality, innovative and high-impact dermatology research. The Clinical Research team consists of highly qualified, trained and certified research professionals who are committed to assisting in the planning, development, implementation, and regulatory oversight of all phases of clinical trials.
Under the guidance of the Clinical Research Director, Jun Lu, M.D., FAAD, the CTU conducts clinical research studies on a variety of dermatologic conditions, adhering to a mission of advancing the understanding of skin diseases and discovering novel therapies to benefit dermatology patients.
While conducting many investigator initiated trials, the CTU also actively partners with various pharmaceutical companies and other academic medical centers to bring revolutionary research studies to UConn Health. The Dermatology Clinical Trials Unit partners with UConn Health to meet its goals of excellence in patient care, education, and research.
Jun Lu, M.D., FAAD
Clinical Research Medical Director
Ektor Rafti, M.D.
Clinical Trials Research Facilitator
Meg Toro, CCRC
Senior Clinical Research Associate
Erisa Alia, M.D.
Clinical Research Fellow
UConn Medical Student
Current Open Studies
- Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Difelikefalin (CR845) for Moderate to Severe Pruritus in Subjects With Atopic Dermatitis (KARE)
- Clinical Responsiveness of Dermatomyositis Using Cutaneous Dermatomyositis Disease Area and Severity Index (CDASI) (CDASI)
- The Corrona Psoriasis (PSO) Registry
- A Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Mirikizumab (LY3074828) in Participants With Moderate-to-Severe Plaque Psoriasis (OASIS-1)
- A Study of Guselkumab in the Treatment of Participants With Moderate to Severe Plaque-Type Psoriasis (VOYAGE 1)
- A Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Risankizumab for Maintenance in Moderate to Severe Plaque Type Psoriasis (LIMMITLESS) (LIMMITLESS)
T Cell Lymphoma