The Laser Center at UConn Health in Farmington offers some of the newest equipment and laser treatments available today. From skin discoloration and fine lines and wrinkles to tattoo and hair removal, our highly trained practitioners specialize in helping you find the right technique to provide you with the results you’re looking for.
Laser treatments are a very popular choice for a number of skin-correcting treatments. Some of the most common conditions we treat are listed below.
- Dilated and broken blood vessels occur when capillaries under the skin enlarge (dilated) or burst (broken), causing a red, blotchy appearance. Laser treatments can help restore a more even skin tone.
- Rosacea, facial redness, and red spots are all common conditions where the face appears red and sometimes has visible blood vessels. It may also cause small bumps on the face.
- Sunspots and other brown spots like freckles that appear on the skin may be due to sun damage from too much sun exposure, age, or genetics. Laser treatments can help fade these unwanted brown spots.
- Skin discolorations and photodamage can occur as a result of sun exposure, age, or genetics. Laser treatments can help to reduce or stop pigmentation and create a more even skin tone.
- Fine lines and wrinkles appear due to a variety of factors such as age, smoking, and sun exposure. Laser treatments can diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Laser tattoo removal is a safe and popular option to remove a tattoo. The number of treatments necessary to completely remove a tattoo varies by the size and color of the tattoo and your skin type.
- Laser hair removal is an increasingly popular way to remove unwanted hair. Over the course of several treatments, lasers are used to destroy the targeted hair follicles, causing the hair to fall out.
- Scars and acne scars can also benefit from laser therapy. The exposure to laser light can lead to the removal of the damaged skin and diminished appearance.
We have several different lasers at our Laser Center to provide you with the optimal treatment to match your goals. These include:
- VBeam™ – The VBeam™ is a pulsed dye laser, which means that the laser energy is delivered in pulses and a dye is used to generate laser beams of different colors. Since the VBeam™ is used to treat dilated blood vessels, as in rosacea, it is often called a vascular laser. The target of the vascular laser is hemoglobin, the red protein in blood cells in the blood vessels. Skin cells that surround the dilated blood vessels are not damaged.
- IPL™ – An IPL™ photofacial will use high-energy light to penetrate your skin and heat the subsurface layers. The treatment can reduce pigment issues and can leave you with smoother, more youthful-looking skin. IPL™ photofacials are quick, convenient treatments that involve minimal discomfort and virtually no recovery time. The treatment can also stimulate your skin’s natural rejuvenation process for long-lasting results.
- QuadraLASE™ – The QuadraLASE™ is an ablative CO2 laser for skin rejuvenation and treatment of scars, wrinkles, xanthelasma, rhinophyma, and other conditions. Using the fractional setting allows a treatment that is more comfortable and requires less downtime than traditional resurfacing – enabling our patients to get back to a routine lifestyle sooner. Complete healing typically occurs within a few days, and most patients usually feel comfortable enough to get back to normal activities and apply makeup 5 to 7 days after the treatment.
- Alex TriVantage® – This Q-switched 532nm, 755nm, and 1064nm laser is a safe and effective treatment for brown pigmented lesions like sun spots, freckles, café-au-lait macules, and unwanted dark tattoos. It also allows for treating darker, deeper lesions and darker skin types more safely and efficaciously.
- Fraxel Dual™ – The Fraxel Dual is a non-ablative fractional thulium laser that is used to provide an overall global rejuvenation and improve fine lines, scars, sun spots, photodamage, discoloration, skin tone and texture, acne, and surgical scars by encouraging new collagen growth. Because it’s fractional, it only treats a fraction of the skin, leaving the surrounding tissue intact, which leads to fast healing times. The Fraxel Dual™ can also treat certain precancers and can be used on any part of the body.
- INFINI™ Microneedling with Radiofrequency – The INFINI™ device uses microneedling and radiofrequency simultaneously to encourage collagen growth. INFINI™ Microneedling with Radiofrequency can be used to treat wrinkles, festoons (malar mounds), and scars and has been shown to tighten skin and improve texture.
- ELITE+ Laser Hair Removal™ – This versatile, long-pulsed 755nm and 1064nm laser allows effective and safe laser hair removal in patients of all skin colors with minimal downtime.
- Xeo® – This highly customizable, multi-application laser and light-based platform provides personalized treatment for a wide range of aesthetic concerns, such as acne scars, age spots, angiomas, compromised skin, deep dermal heating, freckles, inflammatory acne, hair removal, lentigines, photodamage, poikiloderma, rosacea, scar reduction, facial veins, leg veins, periorbital veins, venous lakes, warts, and wrinkles.
- Excel® V – This device features 2 ultra-precise wavelengths (532/1064 nm) and 3 unique operating modes for skin revitalization and resurfacing and pigmented and vascular lesions. It works on all types and shades of skin, and the applications include rosacea, facial veins, leg veins, periorbital veins, angiomas, port wine stains, poikiloderma, wrinkles, venous malformations, bruising, inflammatory acne, benign pigmented lesions, age spots, small area hair removal, scars, and acne scars.
- Enlighten® – Using PICO Genesis™, this device precisely shatters pigment and induces dermal disruption and remodeling for revitalization. It combines a 1064 nm wavelength with enlighten’s microlens for skin revitalization and resurfacing, benign pigmented lesions, and complete tattoo removal. It can treat acne scars, skin texture and quality, and pores on all skin types.
- TruSculpt® iD – TruSculpt® iD is a hands-free body sculpting device that uses heat to provide an average of 24% fat reduction. This non-invasive option offers personalized treatment with proven results in as little as one 15-minute session.
Call to Make an Appointment