We specialize in science-based therapies and treatments using the highest quality skin care products to help create more youthful and healthier skin and improve physical and emotional well-being. Our dermatologists are board certified, and many have additional advanced training and extensive experience. As faculty members of a university hospital, our physicians give patients the benefits of the latest research and innovation in health care, both in the promotion of wellness and the treatment of illness.
We offer many non-invasive and minimally invasive treatment options for virtually all areas of the body. These include:
- Anti-aging creams for at-home use. Our products are generally not available in pharmacies or cosmetic counters.
- Chemical peels bring the benefits of alpha-hydroxy acids to improve skin texture and tone, lessen fine lines, and bring about a healthier, more youthful appearance. Results are achieved through a series of peels.
- Microdermabrasion, also known as the Parisian Peel or “lunchtime peel,” is a quick, non-invasive procedure for resurfacing the skin without any downtime. The top layers of damaged skin are exfoliated, promoting the formation of new, smoother skin.
- Blu-light treatments remove sun-damaged, precancerous lesions, reverse the signs of photodamage to improve sallowness, fine lines, and texture, and are an effective treatment for acne. A topical photosensitizing agent called Levulan is applied to the skin. This chemical is left on the skin for one hour, and then the skin is exposed to a blu-light source.
- Freezing of benign lesions allows for the removal of the lesion without damaging nearby healthy skin.
- Removal of skin tags is a quick and relatively painless process to remove skin tags located anywhere on the body.
Injectables can be used to treat a number of common conditions on the face and body. Injectables can help with the following:
- Eliminate wrinkles with BOTOX® Cosmetic injections by causing facial muscles to relax, resulting in a smoother skin surface. BOTOX® can also be used on your hands to give a more youthful appearance.
- Excessive underarm sweating can be treated with BOTOX® injections.
- Filler injections such as Restylane®, Sculpta®, and Perlane® temporarily correct facial wrinkles and folds, depressions in the skin, and scarring, and they can restore the lip border. Results from these injections can last for approximately six to eight months. Radiesse® is a longer-lasting dermal filler that is injected into the skin to soften creases or folds and support areas of volume loss or contour-specific facial areas. Radiesse® can also be used on the hands.
- Sclerotherapy for spider veins is a popular treatment of the legs. After an initial consultation, eligible candidates undergo injections of concentrated saline into these veins. This causes these veins to lighten over subsequent months. Multiple treatments may be required.
- A double chin can be treated with KYBELLA® injections to eliminate the fat cells over time that create the appearance of a fuller chin.
Laser treatments are a very popular choice for a number of skin correcting treatments. Some of the most common conditions we treat are listed below.
- Dilated and broken blood vessels occur when capillaries under the skin enlarge (dilated) or burst (broken), causing a red, blotchy appearance. Laser treatments can help restore a more even skin tone.
- Rosacea, facial redness, and red spots are all common conditions where the face appears red and sometimes has visible blood vessels. It may also cause small bumps on the face.
- Sunspots are brown spots that appear on the skin due to sun damage from too much sun exposure. Laser treatments can help fade sunspots.
- Age spots are flat brown or black spots that appear as you age. Age spots can be removed with laser treatments.
- Pigmented skin can occur as a result of sun exposure, age, genetics, and laser treatments can help to reduce or stop pigmentation and create a more even skin tone.
- Fine lines and wrinkles appear due to a variety of factors such as age, smoking, and sun exposure. Laser treatments can diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Laser tattoo removal is a safe and popular option to remove a tattoo. The number of treatments necessary to completely remove a tattoo varies by the size and color of the tattoo and your skin type.
- Laser hair removal is an increasingly popular way to remove unwanted hair. Over the course of several treatments, lasers are used to destroy the targeted hair follicles, causing the hair to fall out.
- Scars and acne scars can also benefit from laser therapy. The exposure to laser light can lead to the removal of the damaged skin and diminished appearance.
- Pigmented lesions such as moles, freckles, and birthmarks, can occur naturally, after prolonged exposure to the sun, or as a symptom of aging. Laser therapy is a safe and highly effective way to diminish the appearance of pigmented lesions with no downtime.
We have several different lasers at our Farmington location to provide you with the optimal treatment to match your goals. These include:
- VBeam™ – The VBeam™ is a pulsed dye laser, which means that the laser energy is delivered in pulses and a dye is used to generate laser beams of different colors. Since the VBeam™ is used to treat dilated blood vessels, as in rosacea, it is often called a vascular laser. The target of the vascular laser is hemoglobin, the red protein in blood cells in the blood vessels. Skin cells that surround the dilated blood vessels are not damaged.
- IPL™ – An IPL™ photofacial will use high-energy light to penetrate your skin and heat the subsurface layers. The treatment can reduce pigment issues and can leave you with smoother, more youthful-looking skin. IPL™ photofacials are quick, convenient treatments that involve minimal discomfort and virtually no recovery time. The treatment can also stimulate your skin’s natural rejuvenation process for long-lasting results.
- QuadraLASE™ – The QuadraLASE™ is a fractional laser which means that only a fraction of the skin surface is exposed to the laser beam. It is a CO2 laser for skin rejuvenation that delivers many tiny dots of laser light in a unique pattern. The result is a treatment that is more comfortable and requires less downtime than traditional resurfacing – enabling our patients to get back to a routine lifestyle sooner. Complete healing typically occurs within a few days and most patients usually feel comfortable enough to get back to normal activities and apply makeup 5-7 days after the treatment.
- Alex TriVantage® – A new spin on established technology, the Alex TriVantage® Laser is a safe and effective treatment for brown pigmented lesions and unwanted, unsightly dark tattoos. What sets the Alex TriVantage® Laser has the ability to vary treatment settings and customize the patient treatment based on their individual needs and desired outcome. It also allows for treating darker, deeper lesions and darker skin types safer and more efficaciously.
Call to Make an Appointment