We specialize in science-based therapies and treatments using the highest quality skin care products to help create more youthful and healthier skin and improve physical and emotional well-being. Our dermatologists are board certified, and many have additional advanced training and extensive experience. As faculty members of a university hospital, our physicians give patients the benefits of the latest research and innovation in health care, both in the promotion of wellness and the treatment of illness.
We offer many non-invasive and minimally invasive treatment options for virtually all areas of the body. These include:
- Anti-aging creams for at-home use. Our products are generally not available in pharmacies or cosmetic counters.
- Eliminate wrinkles with BOTOX® Cosmetic injections by causing facial muscles to relax, resulting in a smoother skin surface. BOTOX® can also be used on your hands to give a more youthful appearance.
- Excessive underarm sweating can be treated with BOTOX® injections.
- Filler injections such as Restylane®, Sculpta®, and Perlane® temporarily correct facial wrinkles and folds, depressions in the skin, and scarring, and they can restore the lip border. Results from these injections can last for approximately six to eight months. Radiesse® is a longer-lasting dermal filler that is injected into the skin to soften creases or folds and support areas of volume loss or contour-specific facial areas. Radiesse® can also be used on the hands.
- Sclerotherapy for spider veins is a popular treatment of the legs. After an initial consultation, eligible candidates undergo injections of concentrated saline into these veins. This causes these veins to lighten over subsequent months. Multiple treatments may be required.
- Chemical peels bring the benefits of alpha-hydroxy acids to improve skin texture and tone, lessen fine lines, and bring about a healthier, more youthful appearance. Results are achieved through a series of peels.
- Microdermabrasion, also known as the Parisian Peel or “lunchtime peel,” is a quick, non-invasive procedure for resurfacing the skin without any downtime. The top layers of damaged skin are exfoliated, promoting the formation of new, smoother skin.
- Blu-light treatments remove sun-damaged, pre-cancerous lesions, reverse the signs of photodamage to improve sallowness, fine lines, and texture, and are an effective treatment for acne. A topical photosensitizing agent called Levulan is applied to the skin. This chemical is left on the skin for one hour, and then the skin is exposed to a blu-light source.
- A double chin can be treated with KYBELLA® injections to eliminate the fat cells over time that create the appearance of a fuller chin.
- Freezing of benign lesions allows for the removal of the lesion without damaging nearby healthy skin.
- Removal of skin tags is a quick and relatively painless process to remove skin tags located anywhere on the body.
Laser treatments are a very popular choice for a number of skin correcting treatments. Some of the most common conditions we treat are:
- Broken blood vessels
- Rosacea, facial redness, and red spots
- Sun spots and sun damage
- Age spots
- Pigment removal
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Laser tattoo removal
- Laser hair removal
- Dilated blood vessels
- Pigmented lesions (liver spots)
Laser treatments can also be used for rejuvenation of skin tone and texture, photofacials, and fractional laser resurfacing using the VBeam™, IPL™, QuadraLASE™, and AlexTriVantage™ lasers.
Call to Make an Appointment