The Dental Clinical Research Center (DCRC) is a state-of-the-art center that supports oral health clinical research at UConn Health. The mission is to facilitate clinical research efforts of all faculty, as well as to encourage research collaborations among biomedical fields at UConn Health. Investigators are encouraged to contact the staff to discuss specialized needs.
- The DCRC office and two operatories are located on the main floor of the L building, just down the hall from the 3-bank elevators (LM006).
The DCRC, in collaboration with the Clinical Research Center (CRC), covers most aspects of clinical research study coordination and management including:
- Informed consent process
- Study visits
- Phlebotomy/specimen collection
- Study medication administration (e.g., PO, IV, etc.)
- Study coordination
- IRB submission(s)
- Regulatory support
- SAE/AE tracking and reporting
- Research record chart assembly and maintenance
- Operatory exam room use
- The DCRC, in collaboration with the School of Dental Medicine Research Office, offers mentoring and planning of federal or industry-sponsored grant proposals. Further consultation related to study design, writing and budgeting is also available.
Megyn Clement, Clinical Research Assistant 2, DA
Thomas Kiely, RN