The CRC Core Lab offers investigators access to reliable and validated assays of biological macromolecules. The lab focuses on measurements not typically available in the hospital’s clinical or reference laboratories. Investigators are encouraged to contact the Core Lab staff to discuss specialized assay needs.
- The Core Lab office and sample analysis areas (L1098 and L1100) are located on the first floor of the L-building near the main bank of elevators.
- The Sample Processing Lab is located in the CRC clinic space, CM232.
- Sample processing: preparation and shipping of research samples
- Performance of radioimmunoassays and enzyme-linked immunoassays
- Performance of multiplex bead assays using the Luminex 200 instrumentation
- Isolation of DNA and RNA from blood and tissue samples
- SNP genotyping using Taqman PCR methods
- RT-PCR analysis of specific mRNAs using quantitative TaqMan PCR methods
- Storage of specimens in alarmed -80 freezers (limited availability)
The CRC Core Lab is licensed by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health and has held CLIA certification of compliance since November 1998.
Jonathan Covault, MD, Ph.D.
Core Lab Director
Pamela Fall, MS
Core Lab Manager
Judy Kalinowski, BS
Research Assistant 3
Research Assistant 2