The PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency Program at UConn Health was established in 2022. The residency is currently in candidate accreditation status through the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
UConn Health’s residency programs have a strong affiliation with the UConn School of Pharmacy through its many preceptors located at UConn Health, its teaching certificate program for residents and preceptors, co-precepting opportunities of pharmacy students, and much more.
Program Purpose Statement
Postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency programs build upon PharmD and PGY1 pharmacy residency training to develop pharmacist practitioners with knowledge, skills, and abilities for advanced practice areas. Residents who successfully complete PGY2 residency programs are prepared for advanced patient care or other specialized positions, and board certification in the advanced practice area.
The PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency Program at UConn Health will develop the resident into a competent clinical practitioner who will contribute to positive patient outcomes. The year-long residency program will prepare the resident for advanced patient care in the outpatient clinical and specialty settings, academia, and ambulatory care board certification. The program’s clinical service project will provide the resident with invaluable experience in building a new ambulatory service.
Program Mission: Why We Are Here
UConn Health Pharmacy Residency programs train pharmacists by providing a well-rounded, customized, immersive experience where residents become competent leaders providing collaborative medication management to improve care for all patients.
Program Vision: Where We Aspire to Go
UConn Health Pharmacy Residency programs strive to be the premier programs in the country, promoting a customized experience for the resident in a clinically diverse environment. Our Programs look to develop and retain compassionate, empathetic, and competent residents and preceptors, involved in moral and advanced clinical care, impactful research, and patient and professional advocacy.
Program Values: The Rules We Live By
- Maintain healthy balance between personal and professional life
- Work collaboratively with others to enhance the overall team effort
- Encourage diversity by including, respecting, appreciating, and learning from those with different backgrounds
- Display empathy by showing compassion and appreciation for the needs of others
- Exhibit honesty, integrity, openness and strong ethics by always doing the right thing
- Ensure expertise by providing evidenced-based patient-centered recommendations
- Lead by advancing the practice of pharmacy within the institution and beyond
- Provide safe, high-quality care to patients
- Show respect by honoring others and their differences, including patients and colleagues