UConn Health has multiple residency programs.
The PGY2 Ambulatory Care program based at UConn Health is listed as ASHP program #11508 in the online ASHP Residency Directory and in the Match as “UConn Health.”
To apply you must:
- Be a citizen of the U.S.A. or hold a visa allowing for completion of residency year (we cannot sponsor your visa)
- Be a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education accredited PharmD program
- Be a graduate of an ASHP-accredited or candidate-status PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program by the PGY2 program start date
- Be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Connecticut (and complete such no later than ninety days after start date)
- Adhere to the rules of the resident matching program (RMP) process
- Utilize the PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application)
- All applicants must have submitted all required paperwork by January 2
Members of the Residency Advisory Committee (RAC) will review and rank applicants with a pre-defined in-house process. After applications have been ranked, selected applicants will then be invited on-site for one-day interviews at their own expense. The RAC will reconvene upon completion of the interview process, discuss and review feedback from the rankings and interview scores, rank prospective candidates, and submit their selection(s) to the RMP.
Applications must include:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation using the PhORCAS common form (two of the three must be from the candidate’s PGY1 program; one of which must be from their PGY1 Residency Leadership)
- Official transcript