Resumption of Access for Vendors, Suppliers, and Business Partners (Effective 4/5/2021)
Notice to all UConn Health Departments
Please carefully review the updated information below regarding onsite visits by a vendor, third party contract worker, supplier or business partner.
Given the decreasing rates of COVID-19 prevalence in the community, UConn Health will resume access of vendors, third party contract workers, suppliers and other business partners (referred to as ‘vendors’ for purposes of this protocol). However, while entry will be permitted masking, social distancing, and other safety protocols will continued to be required as our first priority is to protect the safety of our patients, colleagues and community.
In addition, the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) has lifted its restrictions on vendor access into health care facilities for routine inspections, services and maintenance, other than emergencies.
Hosting an On-Site Vendor
- Vendors that service UConn Health and have been issued a contractor/vendor badge shall follow routine employee screening protocols and State of Connecticut Travel advisory guidelines.
On-Site Vendor Expectations
The following information applies to all vendors. Please note: The department hosting the vendor is responsible for ensuring that these guidelines are followed. The below list of onsite vendor expectations that must be communicated to the vendor community.
- Vendors scheduled to work on-site are required to adhere to all established regulations, safety protocols and guidelines, including the State of Connecticut travel advisory.
- Vendors must enter through approved public entrances with visitor screening locations only: Main Building Entrance, University Tower Lobby Entrance, Emergency Department (outside business hours only), Outpatient Pavilion (Floors 1 and 3), Musculoskeletal Institute building (Floor 1), and off-site ambulatory services locations.
- Vendors will be subject to temperature, symptom, and risk screening upon arrival at any UConn Health facility.
- Vendors should not report to any UConn Health facility for business purposes if they:
- Are feeling sick.
- Have a fever, COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 21 days.
- Have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Note: This does not include clinical settings with appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Are under investigation for COVID-19 (have a test ordered or pending due to symptoms).
- Have been advised to quarantine or to self-isolate for any reason.
- When visiting any UConn Health facility, vendors must adhere to all safety protocols, including approved mask type, social distancing, and hand-hygiene guidelines.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will share updates as changes are needed. Thank you for your assistance and collaboration in ensuring the health and safety of our partners, clinicians and community.